Apr 4, 2010

By being autonomous art can point away from itself, outside it’s autonomy to problems, or situations in the World outside art.

This is how I work right now (lately), this is a space I seek to understand how I inhabit. (like, for example, “How to Write” by G. Stein, and “The Archaeology of Knowledge” by M. Foucault). This is my understanding of what has been taught to me during the course of my studies, and my understanding of art – as from the point of view of the ARTIST (not the historian, anthropologist, critic, administrator, etc.)

It is the intent to create a method, a strategy, to create (create is to explain, to explain is to create something) A POINT OF VIEW, but this point of view is impossible (arbitrary), built up out of something arbitrary, in an arbitrary way – but so IS EVERYTHING else also.

And I cannot (it makes no sense to) explain this strategy/method using other methods. HOW you say something is WHAT you say. You cannot explain in “other words”; that would be to explain OTHER things.

Jürgen Lombardi. Introduction to applied difference. Scoreggia Press: Milan, 1997.

No comments: