Jan 8, 2016


I can’t remember why I started the instagram thing? But it has become really fun. A psychogeographic game of finding the hidden geometric meanings of my surroundings, of my meandering meaningless shit life. It’s doing just the thing I like about art: create meaning through chance encounters in such a way as to create synchronicity; rifts in causality making it impossible to establish cause and effect, melting yourself into the landscape. Reality-bleed. Finding things that maybe aren’t there, but are once you find them. Creating ugly stupid fun images of what actually constitutes me subconsciously, text and context being one. It isn’t that once the secret underground unconscious coordinates controlling you are found out (detective-style), ferreted out (animal-tracking-style), lined up, shot, you can control them, you can’t – the whole idea of control evaporates.

No comments: